A medical treatment package unites medical treatments for different disease profiles into a single entity. These packages are extremely popular among medical tourists as they provide wide-ranging healthcare at a very high-quality standard. They are extensive and span over a period of time which may vary from package to package. For medical tourism, treatment packages simplify the process of going abroad as they provide the patient with a thorough plan of the trip.
A typical medical tourism healthcare package consists of physician consultations, comprehensive healthcare check-ups and a host of procedures that complete the patient’s treatment. Packages these days offer top-class patient care with round the clock assistance, translation services and even nutrition specialists to take care of the patient’s dietary needs.
For medical tourists, healthcare packages also include recreational activities like tours, day trips, spa treatments and sports. A full-fledged treatment package can last for up to a month and its cost can vary greatly, depending on the treatment. The concept of packages has now become widespread throughout the healthcare industry with more and more patients opting for such offers rather than individual procedures.
Benefits of medical tourism packages
The key factor attracting customers to healthcare packages is the ease it brings to them. With procedures, hospital stays, bills and rehabilitation all taken care of, the entire treatment process becomes free of hassle and very convenient.
Medical tourism packages are very personalized and are tailor-made for patients, the offers are adjusted regarding their age groups, disease profiles, and planned budget. Possible concerns like food allergies, language barriers or even destination preferences are all taken into account when customizing a package.
Types of service packages for medical tourism
- Ophthalmology. Essential and always in demand, ophthalmology has several treatment package options, including cornea transplants, cataract and glaucoma treatments, LASIK surgery, stitchless cataract surgery and dry eyes treatment.
- Cardiology. The typical cardiology package includes diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure and vascular heart disease. Cardiac procedures, being intensive in nature, often have recuperation and rehabilitation facilities offered along with them. The various procedures attached to a cardiology treatment package are coronary artery bypass graft surgery, peripheral vascular bypass, cardiac rehabilitation, introducer sheaths and heart valve replacement.
- Dentistry. Various procedures included in a dental package are dental screening, dental bonding, dental bridges, dental caps, dental implants and fillings. Dental packages abroad often contain travel and tourism options as well.
- Cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic surgery is one of the most requested surgery types worldwide. Cosmetic surgery packages include breast implants, facelifts, rhinoplasty, hair implants and eyelid surgeries among many others.
- Oncology. Oncology, the study and treatment of cancer, is one of the most dreaded and timeconsuming fields in medicine. Cancer care packages are all-inclusive, consisting of the hospital stay, diagnosis, treatment, radiation therapy, nutritional needs and rehabilitation. The patients benefit from the services of a team of cancer specialists and professional assisting staff at very affordable rates. Alternative wellness therapies are also offered in the package, in order to help patients cope with possible side effects of the treatment.
- Orthopedic surgery. It is the branch of surgery that deals with the musculoskeletal system of the body. Most orthopedic treatment packages include minimally invasive surgeries, hip replacement surgery and knee replacement surgery, as well as treatment for sports-related injuries. Robotic and computer-assisted technology used in specialty hospitals can also be found in slightly more expensive treatment packages. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation are also often included in orthopedic packages.
- Fertility treatment. Services of treatments like intra-uterine insemination, in vitro fertilization (IVF), intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection, testicular sperm aspiration, embryo freezing excess, semen freezing etc. are offered in such packages.
- Neurology. Neurosurgery is more affordable when it is a part of a pre-designed treatment package. Minimally invasive surgery as well as all-inclusive spine surgery with an experienced team of spine surgeons, neurologists and neurosurgeons are typical parts of a neurology package.
- Medical wellness. Medical spa packages offer patients a chance to recover at a relaxed pace and in a rejuvenating fashion. Depending on the requirements, a series of massages and therapies can be included in the package.
- Ayurvedic therapy. Ancient ayurvedic therapy can be used to treat anxiety, asthma, back pain, diabetes, disc prolapse, eye diseases, dislocations, dystonia, hemiplegia, hypertension, impotence, infertility, miscarriage, motor diseases, etc. Ayurvedic massages can be a great way to relax the mind and body.
Many medical packages combine treatment with local tourism, which is great for those who want to experience a foreign country in several ways. Independent travel agents offering government-approved packages are on the rise, which increases the influx of medical tourists to leading healthcare destinations.
Treatment in Switzerland with Airdoc
In Switzerland, you can expect an excellent quality of medical care in combination with a comfortable stay, which is comparable with a vacation. Clinics in Switzerland combine an undeniable proven quality and a warm attitude to patients. Airdoc works with Swiss and foreign medical specialists who find an individual approach to each patient. When selecting clinics, we pay special attention to the infrastructure needed for a particular check-up or treatment, and we choose only the best quality/price ratio for our clients. In addition to treatment in clinics in Switzerland, we help to contact the right specialists via video or audio online, long- distance.